Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 54 a health comparison

I visited Dad twice today. Alone.
In the morning I found him pretty awake...
he said, "Do I know you?"
I said, "Yes, it's Kevin."

His neck has... sort of fused to one side.
The doctor visited and told me that it was parkenson's disease which did it.
Dad's neurologist told us that he didn't have parkenson's
ahh the American medical system.

When I was in the Czech Republic I had a... how honest should I be here?
A ... infection? in... an unspeakable part of my body

I went to the hospital at about 9am
had the operation ...
this is what happened at about 11:30am

I was rolled into the operating room (yes only 1 and a half hours after I got to the hospital)
A Czech nurse with a big needle said, " Zrchtrysky Krchkurova?" If you are Czech you will know that it meant to me what it means to you... absolutely nothing! I said, "I don't understand."
she replied, "Crkovaa slivone"
and then I woke up 2 hours later
procedure complete.
I was home by four.
It cost me absolutely nothing.
Now, there is a health system for you!

I went ice-skating with my nieces after visiting Dad. And then with my nieces visited him again.
Younger niece helped me with the leg exercises... which amount to taking one of his legs at the ankle and gently lifting and lowering it about 100 times.
I don't know what else to do
no one in the hospital has any advice
yes... that's why we pay about 8000 dollars a day for hospital care
and that's why it's the best in the world!

This blog just gets more and more depressing as we move along doesn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment