Saturday, December 4, 2010

day 53

I am going to share a quote with you
it's something I've thought about in life recently
and I was surprised to find it
having been said about 150 years ago
by Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The corruption of man is followed by the corruption of language."

What do you think about it?

Is it still true today
and
if so
are we already corrupt?


Dad requires a lot of attention
stretching out his legs for 1 hour everyday will not be enough

I was very happy when I discovered, today, that I can do leg exercises with him
and read at the same time!

I first asked my mother if she would read the introduction to my Anthology of Hispanic American Literature text
she looked at me with sleepy eyes
and said... "I can't do that."

(The last book I saw her read was Sydney Sheldon's "The Other Side of Midnight" in the year it was published ... which I think was.. maybe... 74)

So with one hand, I continually raised and lowered my father's leg and with the other, I flipped through the first 11 pages of the text. My mother... fell asleep.


I am very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment