Saturday, December 25, 2010

christmas without dad

I bought my mother a healthy cookbook
and 2 two pound dumbbells
she wants to be healthier
and I want her to be too

we even had a workout session together
I made her stretch out her legs
point and flex her toes
and try to touch them with outstretched fingers (all done while sitting in a chair! She is 74 and I don't want to hurt her.)

we visited dad
but he slept the whole time.

I wish more of my mother's family would either visit dad
or visit mom
shes sad about that.
I think she feels a little lonely still
its a big hole to fill with him not really here.
She used to be surrounded by family
4 sisters
1 brother
18 of us grandchildren

but its very different now
only one sister is still alive
and all the grandchildren (her nieces and nephews) have their own lives.

1 comment:

  1. In a way this is very sad, but in a way it's really beautiful. I wanted to make a really beautiful christmas for my parents and it really was, but my mom wasn't sure exactly what was going on most of the time and my dad is almost crippled from back pain, so it was tough. Luckily they are very nice people and did their best to be festive. My friend ronit came to dinner which was great because ronit has a sunny personality, a loud voice and a precision in her speech which makes her audible to my deaf father. In general she made the whole evening great.

    I wish you as much help as you need when you need it, a lot of love and success, and some lovely times in the year ahead!

    ReplyDelete