Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11th Day 2

I feel like my last 10 posts have been vapid and boring!

And here I am after the first full day of being with my father and my head is empty.
There was no time to think whether I would be good or bad
I just went from one thing to the next
medication
breakfast
dad has freak out session complete with punching and kicking and telling me that I am an ass... a son of a bitch... and a chicken (this one made me laugh)
more medication
get out of bed and into chair
visiting nurse arrives for an hour session with me giving me tips and instructions
lunch for dad
more medication
wheel dad into den to watch TV
talk to dad and make him feel comfortable (his mood changed about every 20 minutes... I am not kidding... he is happy and then I walk out of the room to get him some water and he looks at me and says "Who are you? you... idiot... get me out of here" then he starts to cry... then he talks about nothing... makes a joke... laughs.... I am taking care of about 30 different people.
Bubble meets dad (I kept her outside most of the morning (she kept trying to jump on his lap to lick his face
Dad needs the toilet
fight with a too narrow hallway and a too big chair (chair wins... scraping the wall and catching my foot between it and a door for about 5 minutes... dad chose this moment to have his "you are trying to kill me!" personality running.
Put dad on the toilet (horrible experience)
Make dinner for dad
feed dad
more medication
TV room again
Dad needs toilet again
put dad on toilet (much better experience although at neither session did dad actually produce anything)
Put dad in bed
more medication
clean dad up for the night
More medication! (I swear ... there are 12 pills he takes (some of them 2 or 3 times daily)
Dad goes to sleep (but I actually still can hear him now. He's woken up and is having a conversation with the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment