Thursday, January 27, 2011

My parents were married in 1962.
My sister as born in 63
my father wanted 6 kids
but it took almost 5 years to have me
by that time... I guess my sister took a lot out of them

They did foster a boy named Greg.
I was only a baby so I never knew him.
His baby brother dies and his mom needed some help
so the church asked if Mom and Dad would watch Greg for a while...
they agreed.

I remember later
hearing about this
and trying to reconcile my idea of my father
with the man who fostered a young boy
...
It was odd to me since
there was real... what is it? Oedipal complex?
I think that my father and I
loved my mother so much
we were both jealous of the love she gave the other
and of course
me being the helpless little boy
my mother's attention was often on me
In my youth my father went from being
the guy who wrestled me and made me giggle
and swung me around in the air to make me laugh
to
something like an enemy
who I was certain did not love me

my mother of course
would tell me
"your father loves you, he just can't show it...
no he doesn't id say with my face in her arms

My sister was his pride
rightfully so
She rode horses
and liked it
I rode
and wished I could be in my room
playing with Star Wars action figures and my model of the Death Star
or reading books like
Watership Down
Riding didn't last long for me

No comments:

Post a Comment