Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Its difficult to write every day now.
when Dad was home and even when he was at the hospital
I needed the blog
i yearned for it
throughout the day i'd think
remember this... this is something i should write in the blog

now i feel differently
although i did have a sort of dream last night
my father's life
i think it was kinda cool...

so im going to devote this blog to him.
i'm not sure how i am going to begin... but i'll try this:



April 10th 1935

The only thing which seems to have happened on the day my father was born is this:

- Vaughan Williams' 4th Symphony premieres in London

Here are somethings that were happening throughout the year of my father's birth
1935

- 1st radio tube made of metal announced, Schenectady, NY
(my dad told me his family used to listen to the radio every day.)
- Mary Hirsch, becomes 1st woman licensed as a horse trainer
(my father instantly loved you if you were a horse person.)
- Sir Watson-Watt patents RADAR
(Think about all the astounding things that have happened in my Dad's life!)
- Works Progress Administration approved by Congress
(my Aunt used to be enormously frugal. She was 20 when Dad was born. Our country was deep in the depression)
- "Your Hit Parade," debuts on radio
- Germany prohibits publishing "not-Arian" writers
- Polish Constitution of 1935 is adopted.
(for all my Czech friends)
- Moscow underground opens (81 km long)

When Dad exploded into this world
what a time
his transition
worlds transformation

No comments:

Post a Comment