Wednesday, September 29, 2010

2 Days to go

I looked at an old bill from my father's health insurance company
It itemized all the separate things (equipment... medication... etc) which were needed
for a early summer hospital stay.
I got lost among all the confusing words and medi-lingo
but then my eye saw this:

room - $87,000

and some people in my country don't want health care reform
they say if we pay doctors less
they will leave the US
and our health care system will deteriorate

well I think
pay the doctors the same
and lets pay the rooms less
how about that for reform

(by the way. The insurance company pays most of that so don't think my parents had to pay THAT much money. But there is something a little sick about it. Like when, during the Reagen era the Pentagon was paying $5000 for one hammer)

My Dad was good tonight... happy.. he even sang a little.
Virginia actual grabbed my chair and
strained herself
to try and drag the chair (and me) toward her
She started to cry when the chair moved slightly and got caught on the table.
(she said nothing about cocks tonight but she did say that i was very nice.
I called the transportation service to take my dad home (we think it wouldn't be easy to get him in and out of our car) and I fell in love with the phone operator.
I have signed up for an internet college English course... it costs $550 a credit (better than a hospital bed but I think that Health care is not the only thing that needs reforming in my country).

I can choose from these classes... what do you think? Help me choose:

English Literature to 1800
African American literature
American Autobiography
Literary Genres across cultures

3 comments:

  1. The bed was gilded, right?
    As for the courses, genres across cultures sounds most stuffed with stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 days ago I've been in Prague metro waiting for train... and some american guy was trying to explain to some czech guy that we can be happy (in a way) about our health care system...

    The course? Hmm... In my humble opinion you should take genres across cultures ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. african american literature. how surprising from me huh!
    american autobiography too. oh yeah.
    keep us updated on that!

    ReplyDelete