Thursday, April 21, 2011

poem from a painting

In groups we had to choose a painting:

http://www.artchive.com/artchive/H/hopper/morn_sun.jpg.html

And then write a poem about it:

I have been reading so much poetry my mind is full of rhyme and rhythm, so I chose to go in that direction.

I sit up in my bed and view
An open window in my room.
It lets in sunlight and the moon's;
It also lets in gloom.

There used to be a true green field,
Where now that factory lies.
The chimnied tops of industries
Disturb discolored skies

My mind is full of used-to-bes, from windows' reflective scenes;
Bodies age, and so do plains, as well as painted window panes.



I dreamed of Dad last night. In the dream he was like a puppy. He'd gotten outside and had run away. I called and called him, crying because he wouldn't come back. I knew he was lost forever.
Then my sister said, "I bet he'll come back".
She opened the door and called his name.
He came running into the front yard, immediately.
He wore a lunch box strapped to his back
and goggles!? Don't know why.
He looked extremely happy and sort of shook his behind as if he were wagging his tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment